Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Satyr Slayer WIPs

Here are the 'in progress' images for my Satyr Slayer image. I was trying a new technique of colouring in black and white first and then using an overlay layer to colour the image. I ended up using a few other layers as well as the overlay by itself was too dull. You might be able to notice that I skwed it half way through... it was really weird. I flip my images horizontally to check for mistakes (usually there are a lot of symmetry issues and things like that) but this time the whole image was skewed and I had to skew it quite severly to get it to look normal again. I may have been drawing this from an angle, I hope that's all it is and not some sign that my vision is skewed..

It wasn't very popular in the poll at concept art and I didn't receive any really critical feedback (kind comments for sure!) . I think I the creature was a bit too generic and didn't really fit into the storybook/fantasy nature of the satyrs. Oh well, I'll just have to try again :)

I think this time I'm going to go back to whatever style of colouring feels natural and see if there's any improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment